Jim Lee is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice is focused on commercial litigation and personal injury matters. Jim’s commercial practice focuses on partnership disputes, contract disputes, collection matters, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair business practices, consumer protection law claims, and real estate litigation such as mechanics’ liens and landlord/tenant disputes. Jim’s personal injury practice focuses on motor vehicle accidents, premise liability, and medical malpractice. Jim is bilingual and is fluent in Korean. He currently serves as a Committee Person in Abington, PA. Prior to joining the firm, Jim served as a Legal Intern for the Temple Small Business Development Center (August 2010-December 2010). He also worked as a Summer Intern in a center city law firm (May 2010-August 2010), as a Research Assistant to Professor Andrea Monroe (May 2010-August 2010) and as a Summer Intern (June 2009-August 2009) at the Complex Litigation Center, which is part of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. In addition, he had a position as Procurement Analyst with Hyundai Rotem prior to attending law school (August 2006-July 2008). Jim received his undergraduate degree in Psychological and Social Sciences (August 2006) from Pennsylvania State University, Abington, where he was on the Deans List (2003-2005). He received his law degree from Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D. 2011), cum laude.
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D. cum laude, 2011)
- Pennsylvania State University (BA, Psychological and Social Sciences, 2006)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- “Tax Implications in Setting a Construction Defect Claim,” HRMM&L Legal Spotlight Blog, August 1, 2017
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Diversity Committee Member
- Abington Township, Committee Person
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Classroom Participation: Conflict of Laws, Property, Partnership Tax, Criminal Procedures and Intro to Trial Ad
- Outstanding Oral Advocacy: Legal Research and Writing
- Malvin Lashner Scholar (2009-2010)
Jim is an avid, and often disappointed, Philadelphia sports fan. In addition, Jim likes to tinker with gadgets and all things computer related and loves spending time with friends and family. Jim resides with his wife, daughter, and his dog “Jersey” in Abington, Pennsylvania.
- Successfully represented a client who sustained third degree burns on his torso during an aortic valve replacement surgery.
- Successfully represented a client in a premises liability case where she sustained injuries after slipping and falling on a puddle of water inside a local supermarket.
- Successfully challenged a debtor’s Chapter 13 discharge in the US Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on behalf of a client who was fraudulently induced to loan money to a debtor who filed for bankruptcy shortly after the loan.
- Assisted in the orderly dissolution of a client’s business and successfully negotiated a liquidation agreement with a creditor who filed suit and jeopardized the orderly dissolution of the business.
- Defended a client against a contractor’s claim for nonpayment, and ultimately succeeded in having the contractor’s claims dismissed under the Pennsylvania Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act.
Firm Scores Victory in Court for Montgomery County Homeowner
October 30, 2017
HRMM&L Attorneys Volunteer at Annual Literacy Program Event
April 24, 2017