Kathleen A. Maloles is a member of the firm’s Trusts and Estates Department. She counsels executors, administrators and trustees in effectively and efficiently administering simple to complex estates and trusts from inception to end. Kathleen utilizes her previous experience working in the Title Insurance Industry at DST Land Transfer, Inc. and the Law Offices of Harper J. Dimmerman, P.C. when representing clients with real property issues in conjunction with administering and settling decedent’s estates. Kathleen also represents clients in matters before the Pennsylvania Orphans’ Court and New Jersey Superior Court.
Kathleen’s estate administration practice includes assisting clients with ancillary probate, preparing death tax returns, fiduciary income tax returns, as well as informal and formal court accountings. She has a proven track record of informally settling decedent’s estates, whether they be solvent or insolvent. Kathleen also has experience in settling decedent’s debts with creditors and abating interest and penalties assessed by the IRS. Prior to joining HRMM&L, Kathleen served as Chair of the Trusts & Estates Practice at Solomon Berschler, P.C. She previously was a partner at Lam & Maloles, LLC, and also headed the Estate Administration Department at a boutique firm specializing in Trusts and Estates Law in Center City Philadelphia.
A cum laude graduate of Temple University with a B.A. in Psychology, Kathleen earned her law degree from Widener University School of Law. In 2009, she received an Estate Planning Certification through the Graduate Tax Program at Temple University Beasley School of Law. Kathleen was also named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers-Rising Stars 2010 Edition. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
During her free time, Kathleen serves as Legal Counsel to the Board of Directors for the Philippine Medical Society of Greater Philadelphia and the University of Santo Tomas Medical Alumni Association, Tri-State. She also speaks about trusts and estates matters in various Filipino associations.
Kathleen is a resident of Haverford Township, Delaware County. She also enjoys spending her free time with her husband, son and daughter. Additionally, she volunteers for Wills for Heroes, the American Cancer Society and Wags Rescue.
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Administration
- Temple University (B.A.,cum laude, 2001)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D. 2006)
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (Estate Planning Certification, 2009)
- New Jersey
- Top Five Reasons Why a Parent Should Have an Estate Plan, HRMM&L Legal Spotlight, February 5, 2018
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council, Membership Committee
- Volunteer for Wills for Heroes, the American Cancer Society and Wags Rescue
Honors and Awards
- Named to the 2010 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Top Five Reasons Why a Parent Should Have an Estate Plan
February 3, 2018
Kathleen A. Maloles Joins Firm
October 19, 2017