Lisa Shearman is a partner at Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin. She focuses her practice in the area of family wealth management, including estate planning, estate administration, tax planning and business succession. She incorporates a team approach in counseling clients and facilitates interaction among all of her clients’ professional advisors to ensure comprehensive results are obtained. Her knowledge of the state and federal tax laws enables her to provide sophisticated planning solutions for her clients. Lisa is licensed to practice before the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Bars, and she is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Lisa serves on the Board of Directors and as Vice-President of the Wills for Heroes Foundation, a national organization devoted to providing free wills and other estate planning documents for emergency first responders and veterans. Lisa is also a member of the Montgomery County Community College Planned Giving Advisory Board. She is the 2015 Recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Special Achievement Award and the 2013 Recipient of the Montgomery Bar Foundation’s Honorable Milton O. Moss Public Service Award for her work with the Wills for Heroes Foundation. Lisa is also the 2011 Recipient of the Verdina Showell Award, presented by the PBA to recognize a lawyer’s outstanding community service and commitment to the Wills for Heroes Program and has been recognized by other organizations for her pro bono service.
A graduate of Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law Graduate Tax Program (LL.M. 1994), Lisa received her law degree from the Delaware Law School of Widener University in 1992 and her undergraduate degree from the University of Scranton in 1989.
She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and serves on the Board of Directors of the Montgomery Bar Association. She is a member of the Montgomery County Estate Planning Council, the Women in Profession Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Women in Law Committee of the Montgomery Bar Association.
- Business Law
- Estates and Trusts
- Villanova University Graduate Tax Program (LL.M. 1994)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D. 1992)
- University of Scranton (B.S. 1989)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Intersection of Estates and Civil Litigation, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, April 2017
- Act 95; The New Power of Attorney Act, PBI Bar Institute, October 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Estate Planning (but were afraid to ask), Part II, Panel Discussion on Estate Planning, Planned Giving Council of Montgomery County Community College Foundation, May 21, 2014
- The Wills for Heroes Program, NALS of Pennsylvania Annual Conference, May 17, 2014
- Estate Planning, Montgomery County Community College, Panel Member, May 8, 2014
- Federal Estate and Gift Tax 2013, Foxmoor Continuing Education, December 13, 2013
- Fundamentals of Estate Administration, Presentation of Debts and Claims, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, September 10, 2013
- 2013 - An Estate Tax Odyssey, Montgomery County Bar Association CLE, Panel member, May 6, 2013
- Wheel of Fortune vs. Family Feud - Avoid the Dispute, Prepare a Will, Philadelphia Legal Secretaries Association, 2013
- Post Mortem Estate Planning, PBI Estate Law Institute, November 14-15, 2012
- Gift Planning for Estates Under and Over $5 Million Dollars, PBI Estate Planning Institute, 2011
- PBI Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Seminar on the Wills for Heroes Program, 2010
- Analyzing the Spousal Elective Share, PBI Estate Planning Institute, 2008
- Making a Difference, Pennsylvania Bar News, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Jan. 19, 2015.
- The Importance of Beneficiary Designations in Estate Planning, Voices & Views, Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession, Spring 2014.
- The Doctrine of Necessaries, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Newsletter, Fall 2007.
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- National Affiliate Director of the “Wills for Heroes Foundation”
- Pennsylvania Co-Coordinator of Wills for Heroes Organization
- Member, Montgomery County Estate Planning Council
- Member, Board of Directors, The Legal Clinic for the Disabled, Inc.
- Technology Chair, Gwynedd Mercy Academy Elementary Development Council
- Member, Montgomery County Community College Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Wills for Heroes
- Liberty & Law Civics Program sponsored by the Montgomery County Bar Association
- Villanova University School of Law Lawyering Together Program
- Moot Court Judge for AAJ Regional Trial Advocacy Competition
Honors and Awards
- 2015 Recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Special Achievement Award for her work with Wills for Heroes
- 2013 Recipient of the Milton O. Moss Public Service Award, presented by the Montgomery Bar Foundation for her work with the Wills for Heroes Foundation as the National Affiliate Director and as a statewide Coordinator for Pennsylvania
- Listed as “Awesome Attorney” for Estate Planning, Suburban Life Magazine, 2012
- 2011 Recipient of the Verdina Showell Award, presented by the PBA to recognize a young lawyer’s outstanding community service and commitment to the Wills for Heroes Program
- 2011 Recipient of the Outstanding Community Service Award from the Community College of Philadelphia
Lisa lives with her husband, two daughters and their dog in Lansdale. She enjoys skiing, running, sailing and cooking. When she is not spending time at her girls’ soccer and softball games, Lisa can be found devoting many weekends to the Wills for Heroes organization, preparing free Wills and Powers of Attorneys for local first responders.
Mark Himsworth and Lisa Shearman Survive the 2017 Broad Street Run!
May 8, 2017
HRMM&L Attorneys Volunteer at Annual Literacy Program Event
April 24, 2017
Lisa Shearman and Nathan Murawsky Present “The Intersection of Estates and Civil Litigation” Seminar
April 21, 2017
August 6, 2015
September 16, 2014
March 24, 2014
Estate Planning Alert: DOMA and How it Affects Pennsylvania Residents
October 30, 2013
ALERT: Estate Planning in 2013 and Beyond
March 7, 2013
Eight Lawyers Selected as “Awesome Attorneys” by Suburban Life Magazine
January 1, 2013
Jon Samel and Lisa Shearman Speak at PBI Estate Law Institute Nov 14-15, 2012
November 14, 2012
HRMM&L Attorneys, Staff and Paralegals Donate a Saturday to “Wills for Heroes”
October 17, 2012
ALERT: Gifting to Children: Consider an UTMA Account
June 18, 2012