Tim Briggs is a member of the Real Estate, Land Use and Municipal Departments at Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin. He joined the firm in January of 2008. Tim is a member of the Pennsylvania and Montgomery Bar Associations and has long been active in politics and community affairs.
Tim has worked in private legal practice and public service for more than fifteen years. He also serves as a Pennsylvania State Representative, representing the 149th Legislative District in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and serves on the Transportation Committee, Finance Committee, Professional Licensure Committee, and State Government Committee. In January, 2019 Tim was named Democratic minority chairman of the Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee. Prior to his election to the State House, Tim worked with some of the most prominent and influential legislators in the region and country.
Tim also serves as a Director and Treasurer of the James A. Finnegan Fellowship Foundation, which provides scholarships, stipends and internships to Pennsylvania students who express an interest in state government. Tim serves as an ex officio Board Member for the Bryn Mawr Film Institute and the Greater Valley Forge Transportation Management Authority. In 2007, 2008 and 2010, Tim was named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star List. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Tim received his undergraduate degree from West Chester University in 1992, where he majored in Political Science and minored in Geography and International Relations. In 2010 Tim was invited back to West Chester University to serve as a Legislative Fellow and lectures in the political science program. He received his law degree from Temple University in 2004.
- Municipal Law
- Temple University School of Law (J.D. 2004)
- West Chester University (B.A. 1992)
- New Jersey
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
- Board of Governors
- James A. Finnegan Fellowship Foundation
- Board of Directors
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Montgomery County
- Past member, Board of Directors
- Valley Forge Optimist Club
- Ancient Order of Hibernians – Notre Dame Division No. 1
- Elks Lodge 714
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star List for 2007, 2008 and 2010. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Tim enjoys raising his four great children and being an active participant (coaching and cheering) in all of their activities. Tim also enjoys reading historical biographies.