We are pleased to announce that attorney William G. Roark, who chairs the firm’s Cannabis Law practice, was the course planner for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Medical Marijuana & Hemp Law Symposium 2021.
The 2-day webcast event was held on September 23 and 24, 2021. Over 21 industry experts participated in the webcast covering such topics as:
- Updates on the most pressing Federal, State and Municipal cannabis issues
- Research and Cannabis: A look at Chapter 20’s history and status
- The Modernization of PA’s Medical Marijuana Act: A close look at the 2021 amendments
- Restorative Justice and Social Equity Programs: What works and what doesn’t work in the cannabis industry
- Big Transactions; Big Pitfalls: An examination of merger and acquisition trends in the cannabis industry
- Hemp Derived Products
- An examination of criminal law’s intersection and regulated cannabis
- Cannabis and Employment Issues
- A review of the regulatory requirements concerning laboratories and testing of medical cannabis
- Lobbyist or Lawyer? Where is the line?
- Compelling Cases in Cannabis: A fast paced review of some of the most interesting and important cannabis cases from over the years
The keynote speakers at the 2-day event were Lt. Governor John Fetterman and Councilman Derek Green.