Successful businesses have something in common. They depend on the assistance of our business lawyers and professional staff to help their commercial enterprises thrive.
For over 40 years, we have provided seasoned, practical legal advice and transactional representation to business enterprises of every description. Our clients include family-owned businesses, single-location enterprises, entrepreneurial startups and some of the oldest continuously operating companies in our communities. As a result, the group’s attorneys have a wealth of experience addressing the legal challenges facing companies at every stage of their development, growth and transition.
We routinely provide assistance to business clients in:
- Formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies (LLC’s)
- Drafting and review of business agreements
- Employment law matters including employment contracts, restrictive covenants, and employee handbooks
- Business sales, mergers and acquisitions
- Representing creditors in collections
- Business financing
- Tax planning
- Asset protection planning
- Business succession and exit planning
Our business lawyers are supported by some of the region’s leading lawyers from other disciplines and this can make a huge difference to a company’s bottom line. For example:
- Labor and employment laws are constantly changing and our lawyers stay at the forefront of matters pertaining to new legislation and the latest court rulings in workplace discrimination, employment agreements, employee handbook development, labor/management relations, and wage and hour issues.
- Our ability to handle complex business financing is second to none, as our attorneys are regularly involved with transactions involving loans in the tens of millions of dollars. HRMM&L clients have access to some of the largest and most reputable financial institutions in the region.
- We offer clients a depth of legal knowledge in complementary areas of law such as real estate, environmental law, land use planning, and litigation, which enables us to fully and effectively protect and advocate the interests of our business clients. Our lawyers often serve as outside business counsel for clients or in conjunction with a client’s in-house counsel.
- We are one of the only firms in the area with a well-established formal Business Advisory Group—deliberately composed of lawyers from different practice areas who represent companies confronted with legal issues such as corporate structure and management, tax and financing laws, compliance with the myriad of federal and state employment laws, business sales and acquisitions, succession planning, asset protection, real estate transactions and environmental regulations, just to name a few. No single lawyer can be sufficiently familiar with all of the legal issues that arise for his or her business clients.
We created the Business Advisory Group as a resource for our clients to insure that whatever legal issue might arise, they will be counseled by the appropriate lawyer–highly experienced to navigate their specific challenge.
What truly sets us apart from many business law firms is that our clients receive outstanding personal service from attorneys and support staff who make a herculean effort to get to know them and their business intimately. From the inception of the representation, we learn our client’s business from the ground up, understand their competitive market and business challenges— so we can be the best possible advocate for them. And we do this off-the-clock.
Contact us today so we can begin to give your business this competitive advantage.