Our firm has some of the state’s most respected and powerfully skilled trial attorneys. Their reputations have been earned case by case by hard-won victories for our clients who have included individuals as well as successful privately held and family-owned businesses.
Led by Steven H. Lupin, who has been repeatedly recognized by his peers for recognition in US News and World Report’s Best Lawyers (for Commercial Litigation), as well as Mark Himsworth (Pennsylvania Super Lawyer), and other members of the firm’s litigation team who are AV rated by Martindale Hubbell (the highest level of peer recognition) and have been named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list – a recognition bestowed on no more than 5% of attorneys in the state. Members of our team include a former President and Board members of the Montgomery Bar Association.
We are experienced in handling almost every kind of dispute, whether prosecuting or defending against claims, our attorneys and stellar paralegal staff intently listen to our clients’ needs and goals and work tirelessly to formulate the best strategy for achieving our clients’ objectives. Whether achieving a victory at trial or a favorable settlement, our litigation team constantly battles to protect our clients’ interests and rights. No one wants to be involved in litigation – but when a business or individual has to be – our litigators are the team you want.
Our business litigators have successfully resolved disputes in state and federal courts dealing in the following areas of law and, of course, are ready to assist you now:
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Real Estate Litigation
- Non-compete and Solicitation Agreements
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Defects
- Trade Secret Disputes
- Fraud and Misrepresentation
- Corporate Governance
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Commercial Defamation
Our attorneys sometimes resolve a commercial claim through negotiation. In many cases, an expensive and time consuming legal battle can be resolved through strategic negotiations. However, when litigation is unavoidable, clients appreciate the zealous and detailed representation our attorneys provide. One of our strengths is doing everything we can to avoid disruption to your business during the dispute resolution process.
Our firm’s environmental litigation team is led by one of the region’s foremost authorities on environmental law. The firm is currently counsel to a number of municipal authorities in the first two major state appeals of a TMDL in Pennsylvania, one of which produced the first written judicial opinion on jurisdiction with respect to TMDL litigation in the Commonwealth. In addition, our environmental litigator was also responsible for a landmark decision by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in which the court held for the first time that a private cause of action existed under the Pennsylvania Storage Tank and Spill Prevention Act, Centolanza v. Lehigh Valley Dairies, Inc., 658 A.2d 336 (Pa. 1995). Under this act, individual property owners can sue for environmental harm from underground tanks that leak and contaminate the soil. These actions often involve underground tanks at gas stations which leak and cause environmental harm to adjoining landowners.
For decades, our lawyers have been committed to helping our clients receive compensation that they are due because of the negligence or carelessness of others. An example of our results:
- $10 million jury verdict in Montgomery County for boy who became quadriplegic due to defectively designed pool.
- Nearly $8 million recovered in two medical malpractice trials.
- $7 million jury verdict in Montgomery County for the estates of a married couple killed in an auto accident.
- Nearly $6 million recovered in 3 catastrophic car crash cases.
- Over $6 million awarded from 2 medical malpractice cases and 2 car crash cases.
- Obtained a $1.2 million settlement for two teenagers who were severely injured in an auto accident in Bucks County.
- $5 million verdict for asbestos victim.
- $1.7 million verdict for asbestos victim.
- $1.1 million award in a liposuction surgery malpractice case.
- $405,000 jury verdict in a cosmetic eyelid surgery.
- Nearly $1 million for young woman burned by defective garment.
Our attorneys have successfully tried hundreds of jury trials throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including one case that resulted in one of the highest jury verdicts ever recorded in Montgomery County.
Our clients do not pay us anything unless we win. Our expertise includes injuries in the following areas:
- Wrongful death and catastrophic injury
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Sexual assault and abuse from clergy, teachers, coaches, foster parents, employers, workplace colleagues and supervisors and more
- Defective medical devices and drugs
- Work related injuries and workers compensation
- Products liability
- Slip and fall injuries and dangerous property conditions
- Civil rights abuses and injuries
For more information on our personal injury practice, please go to www.HRMMLPersonalInjury.com.